Re: [TF-TD] Meeting minutes + Update TD Tutorial

The idea that came up in the call was to have something in a Thing
Description that might indicate the volatility of the resource state.
(Expressing this in the inverse, as stability, has the advantage that we
can use more handy periods in seconds.)

Some resources actually only provide a new value periodically.
E.g., I have a CO2 sensor that needs about five seconds for a
measurement, so even if you ask it every second, you get five times the
same value before it is updated again.

Some resources measure a slow-moving quantity (e.g., barometric pressure
in an weather station).  While it is less obvious what a good value for
stability would be here, many sensors actually have an internal
averaging window to reduce the noise from the measurement.

Some resources do not per se have a value for stability, e.g. a light
switch might have the same value for a day, and then get pressed twice
within a second.  Here we could still encode user expectations, e.g. the
expectation that a button press will lead to a result within 200 ms.

Note that in all cases we still have MaxAge (in CoAP, or one of several
equivalents in HTTP) for an actual current value with each GET; the
Thing Description would only provide an expected value.

Grüße, Carsten