RE: [TF-TD] Meeting minutes + Update TD Tutorial

Dear TD/AP and WoT members,

I’m a little bit confused the boundaries between 3 interaction type, that is, “Property”,
“Action” and “Event”.

At the F2F@Sunnyvale, I heard the interaction type concept, I agreed because it is
easy to understand conceptually.
But when I tried to create the map between 3 interaction type to get, put APIs to make
input document for TF-AP, I faced some difficulties.

In https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-TD/Tutorial.md, the sample “MyLED”
is described according to proposed interaction model.
This is very helpful to understand the TD and discuss issues.

For example, “ledOnOff” belongs to Property, on the other hand “fadeIn” and “fadeOut”
belong to Action.

“ledOnOff” will cause things=LED turn on or off. So “ledOnOff” can belong to Action
category too, I think.

And current “fedeIn” is defined that it has no return value, that is, OutputData = void/null.
It is possible to extend the definition as OutputData = Boolean and it represents the return
Value of fadeIn action is successful or not.
The InputData type is unsignedByte and it represents the time to fadeIn from turn off status
to turn on status of LED light.

When JSON encoded “fedeIn with 5 sec” is sent to WoT Servient, then WoT servient might
return the fade-in is successful or not after 5 second.
In this case, “fadeIn” can be classified in “Event” category, I think.

TF-TD and TF-AP members, how do you think to resolve my confusion ?

Best regards,
----
Kazuo Kajimoto
Senior Councillor of Groupwide Software Strategy,
Groupwide CTO Office
kajimoto.kazuo@jp.panasonic.com<mailto:kajimoto.kazuo@jp.panasonic.com>