Re: automatic group support

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:13:15 -0400
Cc: public-wiki-dev@w3.org
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, Jean-Guilhem Rouel <jean-gui@w3.org>

On 14-Aug-08, at 3:36 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> What is our current state on synchronizing w3c wiki accounts/ACLs with
> w3.org accounts and ACLs?

Jean-Gui has had some success in setting up LDAP+mediawiki, ensuring
that accounts and passwords are synced.

>  I'm still manually flipping bits on
> Special:Userrights whenever someone joins or leaves the WG.  Or, more
> often, when they bug me because I forgot to do it.

I'm not sure if our LDAP implementation takes WGs into account, or if
the LDAP module for mediawiki translates LDAP groups into MW groups.
Jean-Gui, is this something you looked into?

--
olivier