Re: automatic group support

From: Jean-Guilhem Rouel <jean-gui@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:35:17 +0200
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
CC: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, public-wiki-dev@w3.org

olivier Thereaux a écrit :
>>  I'm still manually flipping bits on
>> Special:Userrights whenever someone joins or leaves the WG.  Or, more
>> often, when they bug me because I forgot to do it.
>
> I'm not sure if our LDAP implementation takes WGs into account, or if
> the LDAP module for mediawiki translates LDAP groups into MW groups.
> Jean-Gui, is this something you looked into?

All participants of a WG (or more generally to a database group) will
have access to the WG's wiki. But if you want to give special rights to
some people (admin, read only, ...) you'll still have to do that manually.

Basically, for the wiki "Foo", we would have a database group
"foo-wiki", to which "Foo WG" would be subscribed, but individuals or
other groups could be in that group if necessary. And everyone in this
"foo-wiki" group will automatically have an account on the corresponding
wiki.

Jean-Gui