RE: All versions of mediawiki pages kept forever?

From: Rotan Hanrahan <rotan.hanrahan@mobileaware.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:01:11 -0500
To: "Alan Ruttenberg" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "olivier Thereaux" <ot@w3.org>
Cc: <sandro@w3.org>, <public-wiki-dev@w3.org>, "Ian Horrocks" <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>

If the archiving of all versions of a MediaWiki instance is something
that we think will be necessary in the future, then I think this is will
be very easy to provide. During my development of a moinmoin to
MediaWiki converter I noted that all the history data is present in the
XML export of the MW instance. The data is easy to process. I suspect
that when MediaWiki is eventually discontinued, the developer community
will provide the means of preserving the history, in Web page format,
and from my initial observations I think this will be a trivial
challenge.

---Rotan.