OpenID (Re: proposed policy for user names on W3C wikis)

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:03:35 -0500
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Cc: public-wiki-dev@w3.org

> Did we want to still experiment with openid?

I don't think so. I learned that it's just used for authentication and
doesn't appear later in the UI.  For some reason I had thought the
openID might be used in the UI as your user name, but that's not the
case.    So it's interesting down the road for integration, but doesn't
matter right now -- it doesn't seem warranted to use OWL-WG to push the
envelope here.

> I just signed up for
> one. If so we need to add an extension:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:OpenID

It's actually installed, it just gives an error if you try to use it,
and I haven't tried to debug it.

     -- Sandro