Re: now I understand the plan

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:38:40 -0700
Cc: public-whatwg-contrib@w3.org
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>

On Apr 25, 2012, at 1:58 , Steve Faulkner wrote:

> I am withdrawing from the WHATWG community group, I don't see the good in being a member of a titular 'community group'.
>
> I joined, as I was labouring under the misapprehension that the group was an attempt to build bridges between the disparate HTML standards development communities.

Well, it's building a bridge, for sure.  Maybe not the best or last one.

> hixies post [1] along with other stuff made it clear I was wrong.

I don't think you're wrong; but I don't think you're right to leave because the process of reconciliation is not complete.

Ian's choice of words is sometimes not optimal, usually terse, and occasionally audience-specific.  In this case, he's reassuring the non-W3C whatwg contributors that they will continue to find the same welcome for their involvement and help.  Don't let it deter the w3c participants!

David Singer