[whatwg] header for JSON-LD ???

From: Michael A. Peters <mpeters@domblogger.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 14:21:59 -0700
To: WHAT Working Group <whatwg@whatwg.org>
I am (finally) starting to implement JSON-LD on a site, it generates a
lot of data that is useless to the non-bot typical user.

I'd prefer to only stick it in the head when the client is a crawler
that wants it.

Wouldn't it be prudent if agents that want JSON-LD can send a
standardized header as part of their request so web apps can optionally
choose to only send the JSON-LD data to clients that want it? Seems it
would be kinder to mobile users on limited bandwidth if they didn't have
to download a bunch of JSON that is meaningless to them.

Is this the right group to suggest that?