Re: [whatwg] Accessing local files with JavaScript portably and securely

On 9 Apr 2017, at 20:36, Jan Tosovsky <jan.tosovsky.cz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2017-04-09 David Kendal wrote:
>
> > ... there are many possible uses for local static files accessing
> > other local static files: the one I have in mind is shipping static
> > files on CD-ROM or USB stick...
>
> In this case the file structure is fixed so it can be exported as JSON
> file and then linked via the HTML header in every HTML file where it
> is needed. This structure is then directly available for the further
> processing.
>
> However, I am not sure this covers your use case.

I'm not sure either, because I don't understand what you're proposing.
What feature of the HTML header enables this functionality? (For an
arbitrary number of files which may be wanted by an arbitrary number
of other files, and which could be very large.)

--
dpk (David P. Kendal) · Nassauische Str. 36, 10717 DE · http://dpk.io/
  The House of Commons [is] like Noah’s Ark—a few men & many beasts.