Re: [whatwg] Obsolete Feature [hgroup]

On 02/17/2015 03:15 PM, Barry Smith wrote:
> *snip*
>
> As far as validation, a document with the hgroup element will not pass when using the W3C Markup Validation Service.
 >
 > *snip*
>
> Thank You For Your Time,
> Barry Smith

WHATWG is not W3C

W3C dropped the ball (imho) and HTML became stagnant under them, WHATWG
picked the ball up and rolled with it, creating HTML5.

W3C has since adopted HTML5 which I believe was the right thing for them
to do, but not *everything* that was in WHATWG's proposal.

I prefer to use the adopted W3C specification for production as I
consider it to be a relatively stable target to develop for.

Thus I have stopped using hgroup.

That's just my opinion on the matter.