Re: [whatwg] New approach to activities/intents

From: Roger Hågensen <rescator@emsai.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 02:06:02 +0100
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 2014-11-13 18:19, Nils Dagsson Moskopp wrote:
> AFAIK, all of these interface details lie outside the scope of the
> HTML specification (and rightly so, IMHO). If you need a standard
> symbol for bookmarks I suggest to use U+1F516 BOOKMARK, which looks
> like this „🔖“.

Then don't spec it but advise or suggest it.  Even the bookmark example
at
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/semantics.html#link-type-bookmark
says "A user agent could determine which permalink applies to which part
of the spec"
thereby acting as a advisory hint/best practice suggestion (note the use
of "could").

I also tested the example code (with doctype html obviously) and the
browser behaviouir is still the same, rel="bookmark" is simply ignored.
In that case shouldn't rel="bookmark" be removed from the WHATWG HTML
spec to reflect actual use?

--
Roger "Rescator" Hågensen.
Freelancer - http://www.EmSai.net/