Re: [whatwg] SVG cloning elements from HTML5

On 26/06/2014 19:06, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>>>   Better integration of HTML and SVG (and blocking any further
>>> element copying beyond the four existing elements) is really
>>> important.
>> Much more important than maintaining rendering of someone's "tried this
>> and it didn't do anything but I never took the tags out because they
>> were harmless" test page from years ago.
> Well, I remember one in particular was the page of some soccer club,
> and definitely not a test page.  That said, I'm comfortable with
> breaking a small number of sites for this change.
>
> ~TJ

If the parser is changing here could we also change it so that HTML
elements don't auto close math
for which there was also only ever fragile justification.  It would make
far more sense if the html elements
that currently close math just acted as if they were wrapped in mtext
(and so rendered normally, within the math)

David