Re: [whatwg] Reporting mid-stream resolution change on <video>

Thanks Ian.  My reading of
http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=8346&to=8347 is that a simple
video that never changes size will never see the new resize event.  Is that
intentional?
(I ask b/c e.g. durationchange _is_ fired right before metadataloaded; I'd
expect resize & durationchange to act similarly in terms of whether they
fire on initial load)
Related, it's strange to me that

At this point, resize<http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#event-media-resize>
events
can start firing.

but readyState is still HAVE_NOTHING, which is precluded by
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#event-media-resize's
Preconditions.

Would it make sense to make resize fire right before metadataloaded fires
and remove its Preconditions (both mimicking durationchange)?

Cheers,
-a