[whatwg] Web Notification: API inconsistency

From: Jeremie Patonnier <jeremie.patonnier@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:16:53 +0200
To: whatwg@whatwg.org
Hi!

I recently noticed the web notification spec [1] introduce an API
inconsistency.

The spec define two static methods: `requestPermission` and `get`
I'm a bit puzzled because `requestPermission` expect a callback function
where `get` return a `Promise`.

As it seams obvious that both method are asynchronous, I find difficult to
have 2 different behaviors on such mater. In an author point of view, it
would be nice to have a coherent behavior here. Both method can get a
callback or return a Promise, I don't care, but it could be better for
author to have both doing the same.

Best,

[1] http://notifications.spec.whatwg.org/#api
--