Re: [whatwg] Should <video controls> generate click events?

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 16:14:44 +1200
To: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, but It hasn't been a problem since the preventDefault() bug was fixed
> ;)
>
> Also, at the time, the surface click to play was non-standard and
> incredibly annoying because it just "showed up" as someone's pet feature in
> Firefox. (I'm still not sure if it's a "standard" feature, I can't find
> anything in the spec about it, but I could've just missed it)

I think you basically have to assume that if you specify "controls" then
the controls may accept clicks anywhere in the video element. There's
nothing in the spec to say that the controls must be restricted to a bar of
a certain height at the bottom of the element.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*