Re: [whatwg] Problem in the Section "4 Elements of HTML => 4.4 Sections => 4.4.2 The Section element

2012-09-13 20:43, Kevin Deamandel wrote:

> I recently started checking the specs and i can't help but notice the
> weird formation of the tags in this section
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#dfnReturnLink-10

When I try to use the one-page version that this URL refers to, it
freezes or almost freezes my browser on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure
it's not just me. So I very much prefer referring to the multi-page
version, e.g.
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/sections.html#the-section-element

And I suppose by weird formation you mean the example that starts with

<!DOCTYPE Html>
<Html
  ><Head
    ><Title
      >Graduation Ceremony Summer 2022</Title
    ></Head
  ><Body
    ><H1

> can anybody tell me if this is known/on purpous

My guess is that it's an accidental result of some software used to
maintain the document. It's not incorrect, just odd, because it deviates
from the coding style used otherwise, both in the use of spaces between
tag close (>) and in casing (capitalized tag names).

Yucca