Re: [whatwg] Problem in the Section "4 Elements of HTML => 4.4 Sections => 4.4.2 The Section element

I assume you're referring to tags written as:

<Html
 ><Head
   ><Title

The reason for this is to prevent undesired whitespace in markup, while
preserving indentation. Whitespace in HTML is preserved between tags, but
it is not preserved within.
☺