Re: [whatwg] URL testing

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:34:01 +0100
To: Chris Weber <chris@lookout.net>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Chris Weber <chris@lookout.net> wrote:
> If this is of use to you I'm happy to hear your suggestions and make
> adjustments to the test cases, format, or approach.  I do have plans to
> narrate each test case with a descriptive comment, reduce duplication,
> and add more distinct cases.

This is super awesome. Glad you continued with this. I have a few
generic points for now:

* No special handling for IPv4. IPv4 should work the same as domain
names. I.e. the host of http://192/ is 192, not 0.0.0.192.
* It's still a bit unclear to me what the best solution is for
fragment identifiers. Whether they should be percent escaped or not
and whether that should differ between .href and .hash.
* IDNA is a rathole.
* Ports other than 0-9 will cause a parsing failure (e.g. 𝟖 will do that).

When are you planning on doing the further cleanup you mention? At
some point I can try to go through them in detail and suggest fixes
(e.g. via a pull request).

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/