Re: [whatwg] URL testing

> This is super awesome. Glad you continued with this. I have a few
> generic points for now:
>
> * No special handling for IPv4. IPv4 should work the same as domain
> names. I.e. the host of http://192/ is 192, not 0.0.0.192.
> * It's still a bit unclear to me what the best solution is for
> fragment identifiers. Whether they should be percent escaped or not
> and whether that should differ between .href and .hash.

There also appears to be some differences in Unicode normalization
(assuming I tested this enough), see:

http://web.lookout.net/2012/03/unicode-normalization-in-urls.html

In my tests:

Safari applied NFC normalization to the path, query, and fragment.
Chrome applied NFC normalization to the fragment only.
MSIE, Firefox, and Opera did not apply normalization anywhere.

> * IDNA is a rathole.
But it makes for interesting test cases :-)

> When are you planning on doing the further cleanup you mention? At
> some point I can try to go through them in detail and suggest fixes
> (e.g. via a pull request).

I plan to do it slowly over the course of the next week or two.

- Chris