Re: [whatwg] Should scrollbars move focus?

From: James Ross <silver@warwickcompsoc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 12:02:12 +0000
To: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
> From: ojan@chromium.org
> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 10:45:07 -0700
>
> I didn't test nested scrollbars in Windows. I believe Elliott may have. I
> did test them on Mac and Ubuntu. Clicking on nested scrollbars doesn't move
> focus even if the scrollable element is focusable. On Ubuntu, clicking on
> scrollbars doesn't even change window focus if the scrollbar is in a
> different window.

On Windows (tested on 7 using the Resource Monitor and Command Prompt properties windows), interacting with scrollbars will focus the window, but not the scrollable item itself (i.e. preserving the focus within the window).

However, Internet Explorer (9, on Windows 7), will move the focus to the scrollable element (for all types in Robert's test page).

James