Re: [whatwg] Should scrollbars move focus?

From: Etienne Levesque Guitard <etiennelg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 00:10:55 -0400
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Peter Kasting <pkasting@google.com>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
I think Ubuntu has the right behavior, similar to how you can scroll
windows in OS X (with the scroll wheel) even if they're not in a focus; a
huge usability improvement over Windows when doing side-by-side document
editing.

If anything, I believe the user agent should never change platform
behavior. If platform A has behavior X and platform B has behavior Y, then
the user agent should behave as X on A and B on Y.

Which is to say: scroll bars should never change focus, regardless of the
case (as far as I know all platforms follow this convention)

Étienne