[whatwg] multipart/form-data filename encoding: unicode and special characters

From: Evan Jones <evanj@csail.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 19:59:15 -0400
 On May 3, 2012, at 17:09 , Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Yes. I think we should define multipart/form-data directly in HTML and thereby obsolete http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2388 as it is outdated and not maintained.

Right; that would be ideal. Despite the fact that HTML5 references that RFC, browsers don't really follow it.

I would be interested in trying to help with this, but again I would certainly need some guidance from people who know more about the vagaries of how the various browsers encode their form parameters / uploaded file names, and why things got that way. It probably would not be helpful for me to try to draft an update to the spec without getting the right implementers on board.

Evan

--
http://evanjones.ca/