[whatwg] A few questions on HTML5

From: Mani <manips2002@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 04:32:22 -0500
Hi,

I had a few quick questions on HTML5 (I have been looking at it for
about a month now, and I am fascinated by the possibilities).

1. I believe HTML5 will use no DTD, is that right? So there will be
rules for HTML5 processors (browsers) that they should follow? Can you
also comment as to why?? (I believe the reason is to support not
well-formed HTML and still not contradict other standards.??)

2. Will XHTML5 have a DTD, because XHTML5 must be well-formed?

I will have a couple of more questions based on these responses.

thanks and best, murali.