Re: [whatwg] At Inclusion (a declarative way to "Ajaxise" a website)

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012, Florent FAYOLLE wrote:

> That seems to cover a part of the use-case, indeed. However, using
> Javascript instead of a declarative way to update the URL, I think, have
> a major drawback: ensuring the indexation is not trivial.

Having a way to specify in the URL what to put into <iframe>s would indeed
be an interesting idea. XFrames was a massively overengineered attempt at
solving that solution, but maybe aspects of that idea could be resurrected?

Is there any browser vendor interest in addressing this?

(BTW, it may be worth reminding people of this FAQ entry that discusses
how to propose new ideas:

http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#Is_there_a_process_for_adding_new_features_to_a_specification.3F

In particular, a more careful examination of use cases and input from
browser vendors is really important to a proposal's chances of success.)