[whatwg] [editing] HTML Editing APIs specification ready for implementer feedback

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 11:03:02 +0200
On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 22:57:13 +0200, Aryeh Gregor <ayg at aryeh.name> wrote:

> Yeah, it all looks the same to the user, so I don't see why
> visibility: hidden should be any different.  Just let the user select
> and manipulate the hidden text like any other text.

Things that are visibility:hidden are not focusable. I don't think that
can be changed without compat problems. If visibility:hidden things are
not focusable, I guess it makes sense to not make it selectable, too.
(Possibly Web pages also expect visibility:hidden things to let clicks go
through?)

Sense aside, visibility:hidden is not selectable in any current browsers,
right?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software