[whatwg] Clarification on canceling events

From: Andrew Oakley <andrew@ado.is-a-geek.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:37:30 +0100
Section 7.1.6.1 (Event handlers) says "the event must be canceled".
This seems a little unclear to me, I assume this means preventDefault()
rather than stopImmediatePropagation() or stopPropagation().

Is it possible for HTML5 to either reference these parts of DOM Events
or more of the language that D3E uses (e.g. say that the default actions
should not occur, but propagation continues)?

--
Andrew Oakley