[whatwg] Input type for phone numbers

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:35:49 +0200
On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:19:35 +0200, Antti Koivisto <antti at apple.com> wrote:
> Validation is indeed a complete red herring, this is about input methods.

In that case it might be better to re-introduce the inputmode="" attribute
for this purpose. The specific type="" attribute values actually ensure
(when implemented) that some normalized form of the data goes to the
server. If that is not a goal here I'm not sure we should introduce a
type="" attribute value for it.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/