[whatwg] New work on fonts at W3C

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> I believe that's the major rationale for not permitting cross-origin
> restrictions on existing media types.  The only way this could work is
> if *all* browsers agreed to implement it all at once, and it would
> still seriously annoy a lot of users/cause them to delay
> upgrading/etc., which none of the browser vendors want to do.

It's very simple. Billions of Web pages depend on cross-site loads of
images, scripts and stylesheets. Many of those Web pages aren't even
maintained anymore. No browser that broke all those pages would be viable.
Even if the Illuminati made every future browser version impose cross-site
restrictions on those resources, users would probably just stop upgrading.

Rob
53:5-6]