[whatwg] video tag : loop for ever

Chris Double wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Eric Carlson <eric.carlson at apple.com> wrote:
>> However I also think
>> that playing just a segment of a media file will be a common use-case, so I
>> don't think we need "start" and "end" either.
>
> How would you emulate end via JavaScript in a reasonably accurate
> manner? If I have a WAV audio file and I want to start and stop
> between specific points? For example a transcript of the audio may
> provide the ability to play a particular section of the transcript.

So if we keep the 'start' and 'end' attributes and have a simple boolean
'loop' attribute that indicates if looping should happen or not that
would still be possible.

The problem with relying on cues is that audio plays a lot faster than
we can gurentee that cue-callbacks will happen. So if you for example
create a audio file with a lot of sound effects back to back it is
possible that a fraction of a second of the next sound will play before
the cue-callback is able to stop it.

/ Jonas