[whatwg] When to stop <video> elements from playing

From: Křištof Želechovski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 09:04:11 +0200
From: whatwg-bounces@lists.whatwg.org
[mailto:whatwg-bounces at lists.whatwg.org] On Behalf Of Jonas Sicking
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 12:13 AM
To: robert at ocallahan.org
Cc: WHATWG; Geoffrey Garen
Subject: Re: [whatwg] When to stop <video> elements from playing

Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> A related question is whether display:none audio and video elements
> should produce sound.

Opps, forgot to answer this one. I strongly feel that both <audio> and
<video> should make sound for display:none elements. The CSS display
property should only affect the visual appearance of the node.

Additionally, it's more efficient for us, and simpler for the author, if
hidden-but-played audio/video elements don't create a frame and don't
affect layout.

/ Jonas