[whatwg] <BIG> Element

From: Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@myrealbox.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:06:39 -0500
On Nov 4, 2007, at 5:59 AM, Keryx Web wrote:

> Matthew Paul Thomas skrev:
>>
>> To allow this on the Web, the CSS font-style property would need to
>> have not just "normal", "italic", and "oblique" values, but also an
>> "italic-inverse" value. Browsers should then use this value by
>> default for any inline element where they currently use "italic".
>
> No problem!
>
> i {
>     font-style: italic;
> }
>
> i i {
>     font-style: normal;
> }

We're getting off-topic here, but ... That wouldn't deitalicize
should. As the levels of nesting increased, the number of permutations
of these elements would explode. And it's not reasonable to expect any
author who uses "someblockelement {font-style: italic;}" to remember to
also define "someblockelement cite, someblockelement dfn,
someblockelement em, someblockelement i, someblockelement var
{font-style: normal}".

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas