[whatwg] <BIG> Element

From: Keryx Web <webmaster@keryx.se>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 11:59:46 +0100
Matthew Paul Thomas skrev:

> To allow this on the Web, the CSS font-style property would need to have
> not just "normal", "italic", and "oblique" values, but also an
> "italic-inverse" value. Browsers should then use this value by default
> for any inline element where they currently use "italic".

No problem!

i {
     font-style: italic;
}

i i {
     font-style: normal;
}

/* and to be sure */

i i i {
     font-style: italic;
}
i i i i  {
     font-style: normal;
}

However, on the web nestled em seems to be used mostly to add additional
level of emphasis, for which I think this might not be suitable. And
nestled dfn-tags seem absurd to me.

Lars Gunther