[whatwg] <video> element feedback

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:57:24 -0000, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> <video id="myvideo_3" src="video.ogg?t=0:12:35/0:20:40">
>   to provide the video segment between offset 12:35 and 20:40
>
> <video id="myvideo_4" src="video.ogg?id=section4">
>   to provide the video from named offset "section4"
>
> These provide the Web page author with the power to do offsets.

How would that be used? Do you expect UA to change query string arguments
when video.seek() is invoked?
If src="video.ogg?t=0:12:35" is specified, how would user see the
beginning of the video?

> http://example.com/example.html#myvideo_1?t=0:12:35/0:20:40
>   to provide the Web page with the first video playing section
> 12:35-20:40,

It's fine although ofcourse I'm biased towards simpler and more compact
syntax I've suggested :)

> These two URIs with fragment offsets would currently not work in a Web
> browser. However the set of URIs that I provided inside the <video>
> tag above already work through the Annodex framework for ogg files.

What if server does not support it or site uses another video format?

--
regards, Kornel Lesi?ski