[Whatwg] Request for HTML-only print link

From: Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 06:30:19 +0200
At 05:23 +0200 UTC, on 2007-07-28, Sander wrote:

[...]

> I'd like to see an extension of the hyperlink to give it an HTML-only print
>function. Nowadays making a print link available from within a website
>always involves client-side scripting.

What is the point of such print links anyway? UAs already provide their own
built-in print buttons. Just like they provide back buttons. What's the point
of making something that already works the same across  different sites, make
more difficult for users by making it look/work different on different sites?

Btw, I don't understand what "HTML-only" means.

--
Sander Tekelenburg