[whatwg] More on postMessage

From: Gorm Haug Eriksen <gormer@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:37:35 +0200
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 02:15:45 +0200, Jeff Walden <jwalden+whatwg at MIT.EDU>
wrote:

> First, I think placing |otherWindow| as the first argument and |message|
> as the second is more aesthetically pleasing than the other way around,
> tweaking the suggestion I made last time.  I don't have a strong reason
> for this beyond its being analogous to the traditional security model in
> the literature (which seems good enough to me in the absence of strong
> reasons going the other way):
>
>   yourWindow  .  postMessage ( otherWindow , message ) ;
>      actor   does    verb    to   object

Jeff,

I agree that postMessage should have been on the window and not on the
document, but why would you like to have the method on yourWindow instead
of the otherWindow you post the message to? Are there any concrete
benefits/use-cases for this?

--
Cheers,

- Gorm