[whatwg] Web forms 2, input type suggestions

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:30:22 +1000
Martin Atkins wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> http://www.haymespaint.com.au/haymes/colourcentre/
>> http://www.ficml.org/jemimap/style/color/wheel.html
>> http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/
>
> These are some rather contrived examples.

How can you possibly call them contrived, when they are real world
examples of colour selection applications?

> The first is asking users to select real-world (i.e. paint) colours, while
> this proposal was for screen colours in RGB format. (At least, that was my
> understanding based on the reference to six-digit hex encoding.)

I think it indicates a limitation with the proposed solution, and a
perfect example of why we need to start with *problems* and *use cases*
instead of solutions.  We need to devise a solution that fits the use
cases, not reject use cases that don't fit the solution.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/