[whatwg] getElementsByClassName

From: Dan Dorman <dan.dorman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:28:40 -0600
On 7/9/07, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:
> I agree with Simon here. Allowing arrays to be passed in doesn't add any
> extra value and complicates the implementation significantly. I think
> that the by far most common case is going to be passing a single class
> name, so adding multiple ways of passing multiple class names seems like
> overkill.

Granted, the most common case will indeed be asking for a single class
name.  But, if we're going to the trouble of accepting multiple class
names, it seems shortsighted to restrict the parameter for the
multi-class case to a space-separated string, which is really just a
kludgey way of representing a list (or array).

Dan