[whatwg] Definition list and tables: what's the difference ?

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 01:50:29 +0100
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 01:30:27 +0100, Alexey Feldgendler
<alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:17:57 +0100, Simon Pieters <zcorpan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> How would you represent this in a <table> without abusing the very
>>> idea of columns?
>
>> Don't know what you mean with "abusing columns", but:
>
> OK, in this example you're abusing rows, not columns.

Rowspan and colspan allow you to make one cell be part of several rows or
columns, which means that (by usnig only one dimention, and without using
headers="") a data cell can be associated with multiple header cells, or
if it is a header cell, multiple cells can be associated with it. It's
what they were designed to do.

> What about this?
>
> <dl>
> </dl>

I don't see what you're trying to get across. As stated before every
stucture <dl> can do <table> can do as well. Could you elaborate on what
you think is being abused and why?

--
Simon Pieters