[whatwg] The m element

From: Michel Fortin <michel.fortin@michelf.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:44:55 -0500
Le 2007-02-10 ? 6:13, Jorgen Horstink a ?crit :

> Concluding: to my mind a reference marker implies importance; we
> only highlight what is important for some use by some user. So, to
> blow the flame a little more, why not using a strong element with
> className 'highlight'?

That's not a bad idea, especially since the biggest use-case for <m>
seems to be for programatically-inserted highlighting of search
terms, something that involves absolutely no manual typing and gets
little benefit from a short element name.

    <strong class="highlight">Big brother</strong> is watching.
or
    <strong class="search-result">Big brother</strong> is watching.

And since the current specification has predefined class names, it
could simply be added as one.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/