[whatwg] HTML5 and URI Templates

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 19:28:12 -0800
While I am certain some folks may not appreciate the departure from the
engaging and entertaining debate over video codecs, I wanted to offer a
minor feature suggestion [1] with regards to HTML5 forms and URI
Templates [2].

The gist of the idea (which I believe may have been brought up before
but I'm not certain) is to allow the use of a URI Template in place of
the form element action attribute, and to use form elements to provide
the replacement values, e.g.

<form template="http://example.org{-prefix|/|foo}?bar={bar}"
      method="POST">
  Foo: <input name="foo" type="input" >