[whatwg] Doctype conformance requirements

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 11:59:08 +0000
Hi,

The conformance requirements section[1] states that:

>HTML documents that use the new features described in this specification
>and that are
>served over the wire (e.g. by HTTP) must be sent as text/html and must
>start with the
>following DOCTYPE: <!DOCTYPE html>.

So, if I read this correctly, HTML documents that aren't served over the
wire need not have a doctype?

If it was intended that all HTML documents must have a doctype, then I
suggest something along the following lines instead:

   HTML documents that use the new features described in this specification
must start with
   the following DOCTYPE: <!DOCTYPE html>. Such documents that are served
over the
   wire (e.g. by HTTP) must be sent as text/html.

[1] http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#conformance

Regards,
Simon Pieters