[whatwg] Sandboxing scripts: call for a wider discussion

From: Alexey Feldgendler <alexey@feldgendler.ru>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 01:46:57 +0600

There was a discussion a month ago about sandboxing scripts, here it is:
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2005-December/005294.html
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2005-December/005301.html
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2005-December/005335.html
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2005-December/005336.html

However, the ideas about sandboxing have been neither accepted nor
rejected by others on this list, and the proposal didn't make it to WA1
current-work. It's a pity that these ideas are getting ignored because
script security is a very important concern nowadays, and there are many
real-world use cases for script sandboxing.

I think the proposal deserves to be reviewed and discussed on this mailing
list. I'd love to see it end up in WA1, so I call for comments on Hallvord
Steen's and my ideas described in the postings linked above.

--
Opera M2 8.5 on Debian Linux 2.6.12-1-k7
* Origin: X-Man's Station [ICQ: 115226275] <alexey at feldgendler.ru>