[whatwg] [wf2] "required" attribute and pseudo-classes

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:16:56 +0100
Quoting Anne van Kesteren <fora at annevankesteren.nl>:
> In <http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#relation> I think
> the text
> on :required and :optional should be clarified so that it is clear that these
> pseudo-classes only apply to elements to which the "required" attribute
> applies.

It is actually more or less clear. Just not the location I expected it to be.
This is probably because the section is not really consistent in defining the
pseudo-classes. For example, :read-only mentions this explicit: "Matches form
control elements that have the readonly attribute set, and to which the
readonly attribute applies[.]" :required does not: "Matches form control
elements that have the required attribute set." It depends on a statement made
later: "When the definitions above refer to elements that have an
attribute set
on them, they do not refer to elements on which that attribute is
defined not to
apply."

--
Anne van Kesteren