[whatwg] Bogus comment treated as a real comment in Mozilla

From: Blake Kaplan <mrbkap@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:37:33 -0800
Simon Pieters wrote:
> I think that Opera is correct and that Mozilla is wrong, but I wanted to
> send this to the list before I file a bug.

I agree with your interpretation and actually have a patch that fixes
Mozilla's behavior on comments that start with '</' that I'd be glad to
attach to a bug that you file in the core->HTML: Parser component at
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org.

Note that at the moment, Gecko still has true SGML style comments
implemented, though we're likely to follow what HTML5 says once the spec
is finished.
--
Blake Kaplan