[whatwg] Bogus comment treated as a real comment in Mozilla

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:07:21 +0000
Hi,

Consider the following snippet:

   </-->PASS<!-->FAIL<! -->

According to the spec there are two comments, first a bogus comment
containing "--", then a real comment containing ">FAIL<! ". This is what
Opera does. However, according to Mozilla there are two comments, first a
real comment containing ">PASS<!", then a bogus comment containing " --".

I think that Opera is correct and that Mozilla is wrong, but I wanted to
send this to the list before I file a bug.

Regards,
Simon Pieters