[whatwg] Semantic styling languages in the guise of HTML attributes.

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:23:33 +0200
On Dec 20, 2006, at 16:18, Michel Fortin wrote:

> Huh, what is a "meaningful presentation" exactly? To me, what is
> meaningful content is *not* presentational. The presentation is the
> way you arrange and surround your content to make it attractive (or
> not).

Actually, structure is communicated to people using presentation.
Presentation isn't just about attractiveness.

I think eschewing presentational features as a matter of principle
misses the point. The goal behind the principle is independence of
one client device or presentation media. A presentational feature can
be sufficiently independent of particular devices and media if it has
a reasonable presentations on all realistically relevant media.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/