[whatwg] Semantic styling languages in the guise of HTML attributes.

From: James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:27:54 +0000
Matthew Raymond wrote:

>    A "semantic styling language" would be a language to assign semantics
> to elements in a manner similar to how CSS controls their presentations.

FWIW, it seems that a better term for the concept you describe would be
"semantic binding language", since presentation isn't actually involved
anywhere. In the same vein CSS would be a "presentation binding language" and
XBL roughly a "behavior binding language". Having said that, I'm not sure I
follow the point that you are trying to make.