[whatwg] microformats incompatible with WebApps 1.0 ?

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 05:15:12 -0500
George Staikos wrote:
>     Isn't Microformat predicated on the fact that anyone can
> embed additional information in HTML by simply placing it
> there in a structured format that conforms to the standard?

Not according to Tantek on uf-discuss.  He claims those are "semantic
markup" and that microformats are only those things that are vetting on
uf-discuss and published as a "specification" on the microformat.org wiki.

> Maybe you mean to distinguish "microformat" from "Microformat"?

Hehe.  I used that distinction on uf-discuss simply for the purpose of
communicating, and got slapped for potentially creating a meme. ;-)

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/