[whatwg] Standard DOM Serialization? [was :Common Subset]

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 19:09:58 -0500
Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 00:29:03 +0100, Sam Ruby <rubys at intertwingly.net>
> wrote:
>> If there is no interest in standardizing a serialization (or separate
>> standard serializations form HTML5 and XHTML5), then this discussion
>> belongs on implementorsr at whatwg.org mailing list.
>
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#innerhtml

I assume that you are trying to tell me something, but I am too dumb to
understand it.

That section says "the innerHTML DOM attribute of all HTMLElement and
HTMLDocument nodes returns A SERIALISATION of the node's children using
the HTML syntax."   [emphasis added]

A given DOM may have multiple, valid, HTML5 serializations.

I am asking whether there is interest in identifying ONE standard
serialization that everybody who wishes to comply with could do so.

- Sam Ruby