[whatwg] markup as authored in practice

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 00:48:36 -0500
Elliotte Rusty Harold  wrote:
>> People who hand edit can handle some simple
>> well-formedness rules.

I think that is wishful thinking, unless we deliberately want to limit the number of people who can contribute on the web.

>> Almost every major CMS/Blog/Wiki uses a non
>> angle bracket input format. They're a few CMSs
>> out there that use angle brackets, but they're a
>> distinct minority and losing market share.

I think you need to do some research on that, as I definitely disagree with your assertion.  Also, see my prior comments regarding markdown/

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/